It's been FIVE years since I started organizing happy hour, and people always ask me, what are your favorite finds? So, here are my top 10 of the last 5, in chronological order (not ranked!):
Parkside Lounge (10/11/2007), because they have a great space, a laid back vibe, and great specials.
Meade's (5/29/2008), because of their outdoor seating with a view of the Bk bridge, delicious bar food, and it's somehow not overrun by tourists even though it's right by Southstreet Seaport.
Greenwich Treehouse (2/26/2009), not just for their beat the clock specials on Thursdays, but also because it's such a great spot to sit and people watch from their 2nd floor bar at the window. This is definitely one of the places that I recommend most often for happy hour.
Ten Degrees (5/14/2009), for their 2 for 1 specials til 8pm, their tasty & delicious cocktails, and for their nice open window in the springtime. Also a great spot for a date.
West 3rd Common (12/9/2009), because the garlic fries are to die for, they have comfy seating, and the staff are amazing. Also a great place to watch a game, or play a game of connect 4!
Slainte (2/18/2010), because 2 for 1 (always dangerous), the bartenders were awesome, and we had over 50 people at this happy hour- the largest turnout ever!
Lolita (7/22/2010), because it's just so very cool. And one of the bartenders makes the best margaritas I've ever had. Also great for birthday parties!
The Library (9/29/2011), because everyone loves a dark, delicious dive bar with punk rock in the jukebox. Also convenient were the extra specials for ladies after 8pm, so I had happy hour all night long. (danger! danger!)
11th St Bar (11/18/2011), for their FREE wings and chips & salsa on Friday nights, for their awesome atmosphere and great seating in the back, and very nice bar owner who gave me shots on the house.
Destination (1/26/2012), for the JELLO SHOTS that include a sour patch kid (or other delicious gummy candy) and their awesome bar food. Their space is comfy and cozy with lots of tables and such for groups. Also, the bartenders were awesome with their appreciation via more jello shots.
OK- that was a LOT harder than I thought it would be. I think that I will continue this tradition yearly by picking out favorites every YEAR, instead of waiting 5!
And thanks to everyone who makes happy hour actually a happy evening by coming out, bringing your friends, and staying late. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment