The bartender was an absolute sweety- he took care of our group very well!
In addition, there are old photos of all sorts of people posted along the brick walls. When combined with the booth seating and shiny bar, the photos give the bar a nice home meets ice cream parlor feel.
There IS outside space at Rue B, albeit tiny, although we did not enjoy it since it was super hot outside, like it's been pretty much all summer.
At about 9pm two guys started jammin out to some jazz tunes- I will admit that I had been a little nervous about the live jazz, since it's sometimes not a great thing, but these guys were great! It was perfect background music, didn't overpower the space, and totally enjoyable. I even helped them out by passing around the tip basket. :)
I should also mention the drinks- there's a super long cocktail menu, so you can experiment to your heart's content, or til you can't drink any more!
Overall, Rue B was a lot of fun, and I'd certainly return there, especially if I'm in alphabet city. Next happy hour will be Thursday, July 22nd- hope you can make it!
No comments:
Post a Comment