Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Review: Mona's on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mona's bar is a fabulous, unsuspecting dive bar on Avenue B, between 13th  14th. It's one of those places you may walk on by, thinking nothing of it, but really inside it's a gem. 

Music is juke box, so if nothing is on it's just conversation that fills the room.There's also a piano, and I know live music happens with some regularity (someone even sat down and jammed out some tunes while we were there!). 
The bar is all about affordable, so happy hour specials on Thursdays (ALL NIGHT) are a 20 ounce glass of guinness. INSANE. The bar also worked out a deal for $1 off drafts until 8pm for us.  
Other features of the bar include SKI BALL (one of my favorites) and pool, so if you don't have anything to talk about you could entertain yourself otherwise!

 
But enough about the bar, this happy hour was also HALLOWEEN!!!
Costumes were donned by many, and there was a popular craft table for creating/supplementing/entertainment. The candy bowl was also wildly popular. 


 AND PRIZES! Costume prizes went out for most stunningly accurate, most obscure, and most happy hour-ish.

Overall this was a totally fun and awesome happy hour at a bar I would certainly return to (going back tomorrow, in fact!).

I would try to go for the happy hour bartender, because the guy that came in after her wasn't quite as awesome. But I guess not everyone can be awesome.


Most stunningly accurate

Most obscure

Most happy hour-ish




No comments:

Post a Comment