Monday, October 28, 2013

Review: Wogies on September 26, 2013


Wogies is a Greenwich Ave staple for a laid back atmosphere and solid bite and a beer. They've got great sidewalk seating (perfect for people watching) and plenty of booths inside. The bar area is pretty small, but I get the sense that they get more people sitting than standing. It's not an enormous place, but plenty big for us.

The specials aren't bad, especially for the area- $3 'small' drafts, $5 'large' drafts (just a pint- not like a 20 ounce or anything- I was disappointed that large did not actually mean larger than a normal size beer). They also have $5 wells and $6 wine, for those wheat-free drinkers.

Wogies is known for its philly cheesesteaks, but our table focused more on the chicken. The bbq chicken tenders, bbq wings, and maybe something else bbqed- don't quite remember. The verdict? They were standard bar wings- I wouldn't go out of my way to have them, but might order them if I was there again.

Overall, Wogies is a place to keep in mind when hanging out in Greenwich Village, although like the chicken wings, not sure it's a destination.








No comments:

Post a Comment