Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review: Uncle Barry's on March 22, 2013

Uncle Barry's- a comfortable bar on 5th Ave in Park Slope situated conveniently close to Atlantic/Pacific...oops, Barclay's Center in Brooklyn. I feel like Uncle Barry's is the kind of bar that can't really go wrong. It's welcoming & spacious- a solid spot.

The happy hour specials are good- $2 off EVERYTHING, but only until 7:00pm. I did make one concession on my 8:00pm rule so we could try this BK place out. Good news is that if you stick around long enough, you can catch their 2am-4am happy hour at the end of your night! Plus, they have a few constants, like a High Life & a Jameson for $7.

They do have an extensive list of beers, and they had several exciting and fresh drafts. (And they were accommodating when I said my beer tasted like a foot, and gave me a different draft.)

We had a really fun group that night, and basically took over the front of the bar. There are tables in the front, and along the side, so you can easily find a comfy place.

There's also free wifi, and just in case you were wondering, "porn ok". They serve small plates, but also let you bring food in- we killed some pizza!

The only thing I'd change about this place is the hour at which the happiness ends (in their minds). It's SO tough to find a bar with specials past 7:00pm in Park Slope...can't they get with it?!

I'll certainly go back, though. It's just that solid.

free wifi so you can look at porn in public.
buffalo trace & boont ale for $9


No comments:

Post a Comment