

When I walked into Blue Haven on this cold & windy night, I was so please to be greeted warmly by not just the bartender, but the other bar staff as well. This is the kind of welcome I could get used to! The bartenders and wait staff were friendly and attentive all night long- something I've been missing from several happy hour spots in 2012. A GREAT pick to start the year off!
 |
| Back room with darts & tvs. |
The bar itself is a sports bar in the west village (Houston between Thompson & Sullivan), with something like 15 tvs (and a projector behind the bar for big games). Although since there wasn't anything big on that night, it didn't completely overwhelm me. They have a great space- with places to sit at tables, at the bar, or in the back where we were.
 |
| HUGE space up front. |

The specials for happy hour (4pm-8pm) were solid- $2 off beer, wine & liquor, and $3 off wells. And there was a good selection of draft beers. The food was delicious- I heard that the soup of the day- asparagus soup- really hit the spot. We had some end-of-the-night wings that were quite tasty!
Pretty much, Blue Haven was great. I hope to return soon!
 |
| A wide selection of drafts |
 |
| a Guinness with a good pour! |
 |
| Knitting at happy hour! |
 |
| The winners! (last 3 standing) |
 |
| Darts! |
No comments:
Post a Comment