Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Review: Dempsey's Pub on June 22nd

Dempsey's Pub, located on the thoroughfare known as 2nd Ave between 3rd & 4th St, is a common destination for locals, tourists, and whoever is in between.  They have a grand patio out front, which I'm sure is nice in nice weather (NOTE: happy hour specials do no apply to outside seating area).  There is quite a bit of space in the back- we decided to take over the front so we could be by the sunshine & windows.

The specials are good- 2 for 1 until 7:45pm, PLUS a free basket of DELICIOUS fries (with three different dipping sauces) with every 2nd round (you have to ask for them...they don't bring them automatically).  Also note, happy hour specials only apply to select drinks- be sure to ask your wait/bar staff before you order! In terms of the staff, the bartender seemed fine, although the waitress maybe hated life that night. Or us. Not sure which one!  I was a little disappointed to get no buy-backs after bringing in the BULK of their business for the evening.
French fries & dipping sauce.....yummmmmmmm

Nonetheless, we had a blast- a solid turnout on what ended up being a night of random thunderstorms and rain.  I guess it was Friday night, though! As I recall, the evening lasted well past midnight, and included an infamous pickle-back shot!


Overall it was a fun evening.  I don't think Dempsey's will make my list of favorite bars, but it's a solid spot for good fries and a decent special.
Winning a beer coozie for being the most drenched by the rain and still coming to happy hour!




Many beer options.

No comments:

Post a Comment