Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Review: Wolf & Deer on March 22, 2012

I absolutely love my home borough of Brooklyn, especially after living here for over 5 years.  However, finding a happy hour special that fits my needs/wants can be REALLY tough!  Enter the Wolf & Deer.  A beautiful, small but well laid-out bar on the bustling 5th Ave in Park Slope, this is a great spot to drink a delicious cocktail or sip some wine.

Location is key in picking a bar for people from all over the city, and Wolf & Deer is strategically located close to the Atlantic/Pacific terminal in Brooklyn (or even closer to the 2/3 stop at Bergen).  That means most everyone has no excuse for not attending due to transportation/location.  And people came!  We had a great crowd of over 20 people (I think).



great bartender. :)
Wolf & Deer is pretty small, with a skinny bar down the middle (complete with a cute, fun, nice bartender).  There's also great space up front, with fun chairs!  It was a gorgeous day, and I was really glad that the front windows were wide open to enjoy the weather.

Fun Chairs!
Great windows!

They offer pretty good happy hour specials, til 8pm, every day of the week!  It is HARD to find happy hour past 7pm in park slope, so props to Wolf & Deer.  Includes $8 cocktails, $6 select wines, $4 drafts, and 3 meats/cheeses for $10.

The cocktails were AMAZING- I tried a couple varieties, and I wish I could remember what they were called so I could tell you.  But word on the street is that they were all tasty.  Wolf and deer is really meant to be a wine bar, although I didn't get to try any of their wine!  They also have some pretty good beers on tap (read, IPA).  

Another HUGELY successful happy hour, and in Brooklyn, even!  I will for sure be back to this spot, especially since they gave me a VIP card. :) 

Save the date for April 26th, 2012.
Delicious cocktails!
funny pose.








No comments:

Post a Comment