Thursday, May 19, 2011

Review: 12th Street Ale House on April 21


I feel like 12th Street Ale House is the kind of bar that I can't believe I haven't been to before.  Not too fancy, but not disgusting.  A great plain old BAR.  It's not super huge- a long bar up front and a room in the back with tables and chairs.  But it's also not so small you feel like you're sitting on top of people you don't want to even think about touching!

The specials, 5pm - 8pm are great...drafts for $3, wells for $3.50 and most call drinks for $4.  Definitely makes for an inexpensive evening.

Good to know that food is not served, although there are lots of places to grab something in the area (12th street and 2nd ave).  You can bring in your own food.  I brought kettle corn and peanut butter m&ms- a well rounded meal, right?

The crowd during happy hour was pretty chill- it was almost empty at 6:15pm when I arrived, but mostly full by 7:30, for prime happy hour drinking.  Also, a young crowd moved in at 9pm or so, as expected in an east village dive bar!

The bar staff were nice, although strangely not incredibly memorable (not gushingly nice or offensively rude).  Could have been that we were sitting in the back, not super close to the bar.

It was a fun night overall, and a great bar to know about if you're in the area!

1 comment:

  1. One of these days... well, when I'm back in NYC... I will catch one of your Happy Hours!

    ReplyDelete