Monday, February 7, 2011

Review: Cherry Tavern on Jan 20, 2011

On January 20th we ventured to the East Village to check out Cherry Tavern.  A dive bar at heart, it's cozily decorated with wood paneling in dark tones.  There's a pool table in the back and some small tables up front, and a long bar on the side.  
The happy hour special, $2 PBRs until 9pm, is tough to beat, although I don't think PBR should ever be more than $2!! (I have a strong appreciation for PBR, don't get me wrong.)  They also have a $5 beer and a bump thing, which is fun.  I tried out their winter special of cider and rum, which was tasty and different.  
The vibe/atmosphere is very neighborhood, with a lot of regulars/locals.  Although I do love a bar that has its' regulars, I do have to admit that the environment wasn't super friendly.  

We did have a nice group of 20 or so people, and a good time was had by all.









 Save the date for the next happy hour on Thursday February 24th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment