Sunday, November 28, 2010

Affair on Eighth on Thurs Nov 4th

Affair on Eighth was a FABULOUS find.  Located in an easy-to-get-to location close to the West 4th St. subway station, this bar was warm, cozy, and darned right pleasant.  The bar is long and narrow, but opens up in the back to a large room that would be great for a party. 



We took over the front of the bar, where we had our own little nook. 

There's also a nice fireplace just past the bar, where you can warm up, or just snuggle up with someone!





The drinks were great, along with the drink specials- $4 drafts, domestic bottles and wells, and $5 house wine, UNTIL 8:00PM!!!


HH Specials included HOT TODDIES, 
which were decorated with a cute folded napkin.

  The bathroom, an important feature for many, was very clean, and well decorated. 

We had a great group of people that night, and the comfortable and casual atmosphere of the bar made it a nice place to catch up with everyone, and even meet some new faces. 



 
Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. Well, they can at least try, I guess!
Another great feature of the bar was that during happy hour the music wasn't playing so loudly you had to shout your face off in order to chat with someone!  I should mention that they have live music on different days throughout the week.  A musician came in around 9:00 or 9:30 and played some traditional Irish music mixed in with whatever tunes the crowd could come up with.  I wish I'd snapped a pic of him- he was very nice, and pretty good as well!  He and my dad

ALSO note, on that particular Thursday, there was a couch-surfers meet-up group that took over the back room, and the bar filled up at that point, which was cool to see more people and there was some infiltration from our group- and the bar also got much louder with all those extra people around.

The food was pretty good- the $2 shoestring fries are fun and delicious, but they don't last very long!!!  And, I think the kitchen closes at 10:00pm for their regular menu items- bar food is still available though. 

Overall, a great find- I already know of at least two people who've gone back in the last few weeks!  I'm sure that I'll find myself at this bar again, too!
A new HH look for Ben!

BFFs










No comments:

Post a Comment