Sunday, September 5, 2010

Review: Dublin 6 on Aug 19

Dublin 6 on Thursday, August 19th proved to be a nice, chill evening for our group.  The bar itself is divided into two parts, half of it is a bar, half is a sit-down restaurant with a patio outside.  I think the most exciting feature of the bar is the ledge on the window that allows you to drink while standing on the corner (see the dudes in the pic?  they were funny- thought I was from an insurance company because I was taking pics of the outside of the bar!!) 

They had reserved the huge back room for us, which was way overkill, I might have preferred the space up front!  The room could have probably held 50-60 people, so it felt enormous for our group of 15 or so.  But- this is a good spot to know about if you're looking to book a party for a large group. 

The specials were alright, $4 drafts and $7 champagne somethings, although I thought the glasses seemed a tad small ... We stamped our hands to make sure that we got the specials, which were extended to 8:00pm for our group. (normally til 7pm)
The food was really good, even if a tad overpriced.  Several people enjoyed the burger, and I had a pasta dish that they very nicely served without the chorizo. :)  Also, people felt as though the french fries tasted very "square".  Not sure what that means, but very peculiar!
It was great to see some new faces among the regulars at happy hour this go-round!


Overall, lots of good fun yet again, of course.  

Stay tuned for information about the next happy hour, on Thursday September 30th!

No comments:

Post a Comment